I support Breast Cancer Care

Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Drugs Do Work (But I'm Not Taking Them)

Several weeks free of toxic phlegm and zolodex (can't think of a comedy name for it no matter how hard I try) and I have to admit I'm feeling a return to something resembling a quality of life.  Still having hot flushes (am I menopausal? Or is it pre-menstrual?), still overweight (ideal weight 9 stone, current weight 11 stone - erk) but starting to feel a creeping sense of motivation to start thinking about getting fitter and healthier.  Notice I say 'start thinking about', not sure when I'll actually do something about it but it's a start.  My diet is apalling, I smoke too much and do no exercise whatsoever.  I'm always tired and my skin and hair look rubbish.  So, I know that if I make the effort the rewards will be worth it.  

On my to do list for a fitter happier K:- 
  • Give up the melvins.  Easier said than done but I've done it before.  Doesn't help that Mr F's a smoker but hey ho.  Need to buy nicotine replacement thingies and a stress ball or some worry beads or some such.  And make a date for giving up.  Thought this would be good when I have my last fill and before I have the bionic boobs.  Put date in diary. 
  • Massive diet overhaul.  Minimise the takeaways (sigh) and maximise the salads.  Give up bread, sugar and other stuff that tastes lovely but makes me feel crap.  Been looking at the Flat Tummy Club diet and exercise site here after I saw it in the Daily Mail (not mine, somebody elses.  Don't want you thinking I'm a Mail reader.  That would be terrible.) Good to have a plan to work with, otherwise I convince myself that naughty food is allowed.  Good shopping habits too - if I don't buy it I can't eat it.  See? 
  • Exercise excercise excercise.  I have a dog.  I have weights.  I have Wii Fit.  There are no excuses. 
  • When all this is accomplished or I'm at least in the zone then I can treat myself to some new garms.  I have nothing to wear.  Srsly.  Nothing fits (except Mr F's jeans) and he's getting fed up with me nicking his clothes.  What better motivation than a shopathon eh girls?  Shopping!  
So, that's the plan.  I love a plan.  And I'm 40 this October so I want to look fab and forty not flabby, f***ed and forty.  And if I'm not menopausal (as in reallytruly not drug induced) then Plan Fab will mean it's easier to conceive.  Inshallah.


Big booby love to ya'll.  Wish me luck.  I'm off for a fag...:)

2 comments:

  1. Right back atya! I am at the same stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm STILL waiting for my Zolodex to wear off (assuming this is Zolodex, and not just early meno). Good luck formulating your plans :)

    ReplyDelete