I support Breast Cancer Care

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Fill her up!

Yesterday I had my last fill, another 50mls of saline.  Now I'm up to 400mls and the booby is looking good.  Bloody painful though.  Nowhere near as bad as fills 2 and 3 but it is sore and uncomfortable enough to warrant painkillers.  After my appointment yesterday I went into work until late monged out on co-codamol so I was no use to anyone but at least it cuts down on the taking my own annual leave for unpleasantries farce.  Got home and Mr F was excited about the arrival of Wii Sports Resort but my heart (and my poor pec) wasn't in it.  Managed a couple of games of archery and golf frisbee to show willing then had to retire gracefully.  

My next appointment is in 2 months time when surgery planning will take place and I should get a date for the op.  Mr F describes nice lady surgeon as "reassuringly dippy" - I have to remind her every time I go that I'm a)going bigger (alright!) and b) having the other boob augmented to match.  As long as she remembers when I'm on that operating table and GA'd to the hilt then we'll be fine.

Still trying to be healthy and have lost about 4lb altogether by cutting out lovely crap (I can only look at the Chinese Chippy wistfully as I drive by) and going mad on the Wii.  So far so good.  Not managed to quit the ciggies yet though.  Had planned to go cold turkey yesterday but that didn't quite work out.  Hey ho.  Need another date for my diary.  The motivation should be the fact that although I'm eating well and exercising I still feel like shite.  I've been so damn tired lately and feeling like I'm coming down with something.  The hot flushes have abated though so that's a bonus.  Have been struggling to work full time and do ridiculous hours so have negotiated going part time from 4th July.  Working 30 hours instead of 37.5, no lates, no weekends, no bank holidays.  Bliss!  We'll miss the poundage but needs must and at least we can look at selling the little house we're currently renting out.  Our tenants are interested in buying but not sure they can afford the asking price.  Be brilliant to be able to pay off the long list of climbing credit card debts and some of the mortgages (yes, that's mortgages plural) and to have a bit to spend on the house we're in now.  Feel like we should be living for the present and bloody well enjoying ourselves, not worrying about financials.

Had our first anniversary last week and went to Northcote Manor - it was fabulous.  Went for the Gourmet Lunch with wine (a half bottle with every course and there were 6 courses, we were mash up and had to go to bed when we got home - ahem ;-)) which you can look at with envy here if you so wish.  It's not the exact one we had but you get the idea.  The credit card groaned and complained but it's only once a year so bollocks to it.

This afternoon there is more pain.  My car's being MOTd and they always find something that needs fixing.  Last time it was my brakes at £600.  Then the dentist where I'm having casts and whatnot to have a crown replaced.  That'll be another £400+.  Jesus.  The old one fell out when I was eating an apple.  

Hope you're all well booby followers!  I'll be back to moan, whinge, procrastinate and report on the boob soon no doubt but for now I feel like I've got a couple of months grace.

Tra for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi K, new reader/follower here :)
    Loving your blog. I like the honesty about everything you're going through ... my sister has gone through something similar to you, has been clear of cancer for 3 years now. Really admire your bravery, although you'll probably say you're not. :)
    Congrats on your wedding anniversary
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and hello! Lovely to get compliments on the blog and know that I'm not just talking to myself, but it is cathartic to write it all out and looking back at old posts I can't believe how far I've come. Great to hear about your sister :). That's brilliant!
    Thanks again!
    Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete