I support Breast Cancer Care

Friday 4 February 2011

Dressing Down

Was finally able to take my dressing off yesterday.  I must admit, the scar looks mighty neat (they insert the tissue expander by going in through the mastectomy scar) which is pleasing but it does look like someone's given me a good beating.  Bruises every colour of the rainbow.  Finished the antibiotics (I'm rubbish at taking tablets and keep forgetting) and not taking the painkillers any more.  Not because I'm not having pain but because the pain is manageable and the meds made me feel like a zombie.  I'd rather be sore but compus mentis.  

Have spent this morning reading some very interesting threads on the BCC forum related to fertility.  Doesn't make for happy reading as some of the ladies there have stories of friends who got pregnant after BC Tx and are now no longer with us due to recurrence/metastases.  Very sad.  But it's a great place for getting differing opinions and hearing other people's experiences.  I'd heartily recommend it for anyone going through BC.  So still doing a lot of thinking around the trying for a family issue.  I suppose the best thing is for us both to speak to someone who can give us all the information and stats - that's where Mr F is in his element and where my eyes glaze over.  Am seriously thinking of asking for a break from the Tamoxifen/Zolodex.
Anyway, am sure I'll be blogging about it whatever happens.

Feeling really sad at the moment for best mate B who is at the hospice with her mum.  Still no change in her condition since B was called in last night but sounds very much like how things were with my mum.  God, I really feel for her.  Cancer is a stinking pile of shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment