I support Breast Cancer Care

Wednesday 9 February 2011

How to lose weight and influence people

Day whatever it is off Toxic Phlegm and am still tired tired tired but the hot flushes are fewer and less intense and I appear to have lost a bit of weight!  Hurrah.  Also sleeping better and not as moody (big result for Mr F there.)  War wound still sore as but healing nicely.  Been advised to rub a ton of aqueous cream on it in preparation for skin stretching in 2 weeks.  

Am going back to work next week; after reading about other ladies' experiences of tissue expanders I am prepared for it to feel like having a brick shoved under my chest wall for a number of months so I might as well get on with it.  Am absolutely dreading getting up at stupid o' clock though.  No mention of phased return when I spoke to my managers - didn't want to push it as they've been really good and I'm conscious that I've had a lot of sick leave.  Just want to get back to (as) normal (as possible.)  Suppose if I'm struggling I'll just have to mention it, instead of gritting teeth and getting on.  

Pityriasis Rosea now rampant!  Slightly itchy but just looks so unattractive.  I know that shouldn't be an issue but along with the scarring and bruising and weight gain I feel fugly.  Oh the joys of BC.  Wish I could be one of these warrior women who talks about kicking cancer's arse instead of a limp dishcloth who wants to hide under her duvet.  
  
Just seen this via twitter - you can help raise funds for Breast Cancer Campaign by recycling your unwanted clothes here
I have a whole bunch of stuff that I was going to take to a Charity Shop but these dudes pick the clothes bags up from your home or work address - result.

Going out for a coffee with a work chum in a bit.  Be nice to get out of the house and wear something other than me round t'houses.  I might even treat myself to a cake.


Tra for now!
x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment