I support Breast Cancer Care

Monday 7 February 2011

Farewell, Tamoxifen (If Only For a Short Time)

I've reached a compromise and changed into my round th'houses (a Sweaty Betty orange 'lounge suit' that Mr F says makes me look like a baked bean), put some washing out and feel like I've achieved enough to warrant more hours in front of the idiot box.

Have finally decided, after much consideration, to have a break from Tamoxifen.  I think it'll do us both good.  I know, I know, I will have my critics but I care not.  The side effects are vastly reducing my quality of life and I want to see if being without toxic phlegm means an end to the unbearable tiredness.  And the mood swings (the lovely Mr F is such a patient soul.  Loves him to pieces.)  I'm hoping to go back to work next week and really can't face it feeling as tired as I currently feel.  So, bollocks to it.  Already the bone ache has reduced considerably and I'm sleeping better.  I should probably discuss this with the onc but since he's on 4 weeks leave it'll have to wait.  

Oh!  When I was released from hospital confinement I was given a new softie. My original softie was a size 1 and this is a size 4 (I origiannly just went for the smallest softie which was actually far too small.)  Went out for a pub tea last night with some of la famille and wore it for the first time.  It looks good!  I look symmetrical!  Was a bit sore though, rubbing up against my war wound as I tackled my scampi.
Am bio-oiling like mad in preparation for my first pumping in two weeks time.  Wheee!

2 comments: