I support Breast Cancer Care

Tuesday 22 September 2009

My Right Breast

Hello, hello, hello. I promise not to go on about the cat (although he had a stomach upset, couldn't get to his litter tray, and shat in the bath - which I thought was genius. Easy to clean up! Still not pleasant though, but bless him...) as this IS supposed to be a breast cancer blog. I'm such a proud cat-mother though!

So...I went to see another BCN today, who was utterly lovely, to get my falsie (prosthesis) which you can wear in a bra and look 'normal'. So far so good. BUT, you have to have special bras to wear them in...my usual Floozie and Agent Provocateur fancy frilly things don't fit the bill. So that means I need to do my very favourite thing - UNDERWEAR S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G. Hurrah. They're not as pretty as the usual bras for small gals but they're acceptable. And they sure do look comfy (a sign I am getting old, I fear. Nex thing you know I'll be wearing Dr Scholl's.) If you're interested in seeing what they look like here are two photos (front and back) of my new booby:-



It comes in a little box with a pocket to put it in and it feels alright. But now I need bras with pockets and wide middles and thick straps :-S...I have a gazillion pretty lovely sexy bras but none of them will do. The prosthesis sticks out and won't stay put if I jig around. Therefore it necessitates internet shopping ahoy.

I also decided to post a photo of my mastectomy scar (very modest, no other booby to be seen) just for the record. this is four and a half weeks post-op.
Doesn't look too bad does it? Be good to compare it with the bionic boobs in 12 months time. The slight swelling you can see below the scar is the seroma, which I haven't needed drained this week so far.

Have been taking the Tamoxifen for 2 days now and no side effects yet. Although I do feel a tendency to go into bitch on wheels mode, but that may be because it's almost 'that time'. I'm sure when I start the Zolodex in about 2 weeks I'll be a NIGHTMARE. With a beard. And a funny singing voice. And a three stone weight gain. Cancer IS hilarious.
Went to see (500) Days Of Summer yesterday - thoroughly recommend it. Lovely, sweet, sad, poignant and with a belting soundtrack (2 Regina Spektor numbers OMFG fantastic). If you haven't seen it or heard of it it's boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl (her name is Summer, hence the title), girl doesn't fall in love with boy thing. Got to love a film with an (un)happy ending.
Righto, onwards and upwards. This girl has shopping to do!
Tata for now, booby blog followers!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment