I support Breast Cancer Care

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Stasis

I've been to have the blancmange drained again. Massive relief (cheers fab sis-in-law!). It's not pleasant having a bulbous armpit but it's always a great feeling when it's all syringed off...150 mls this time so it's less than last week which is heartening. I'm sure the bugger will fill up again but hey ho. So, now it's countdown to D-day on friday, then Caturday (!) - been shopping for cat-related necessaries like a litter tray (my niece can't wait to 'scoop the poo'), litter, tray liners, Glade smelly stuff to detract from the smell of cat piss, Go-Cat dry food (tuna and trout or something equally delectable), cat milk and three cute mice for him to massacre. I'm looking forward to the Prince Regent's arrival.
Picked my niece and nephew up from school and tried not to cry when J said they'd been asked to say a Hail Mary for someone and he picked me. He's 7. Kids are brilliant and the best tonic against the shitness of the C thing. I'm not thinking about the fertility side of things (I don't have any of my own, yet) but I'm sure that'll come up at some point. Damn it. You always think you'll have tons of time to do stuff like procreate and then suddenly you have to start considering what you'd do if that was affected...I honestly don't know. Anyway, no point until someone actually mentions the F word.

Also got an appointment for a prosthesis fitting the week after next. Cool! I should be driving by then too. Looking forward to getting my temporary boob. And in 12 months time I should be getting my Size C supersonic ones (don't want to go too over the top. I'm not f**king Jordan.)

Re virtual crush. I had 3 Facebook messages from a certain someone who is utterly fab (to the max!) and sees past the C crap and likes me for who I am. This makes me very happy. He's the dogs. And he's cute too. Bonus. When I had the Mx I thought that no-one would ever be interested again. I like being proven wrong and even better when it's by someone with a big brain and an even bigger heart.

:o)

1 comment: