I support Breast Cancer Care

Tuesday 1 September 2009

Spatchcock

I rang the BCN this morning and my smashing sis-in-law took me into hospital to get it sorted. I have now completed the ELTH hat-trick and been to all three hospitals. I was taken straight to the ward where the lovely BCN put a large needle into the bizarre blancmange like swelling and drained off 250 mls of clear fluid. It felt better straight away, but I'm sore as hell now. I can't lift my arm above shoulder height when before it felt like I was making an improvement. Ne'er mind, I'm sure it's only temporary. I thought it might be a good idea to wear a sports bra, as that's what's often recommended post-Mx, so I've just wrestled myself into a very tight crop top sports bra type of thing whilst trying not to cry. I'm in it, it does feel better wearing it, it might help stop the seroma filling up again, but I think I'll have to wear it for the rest of my life. Or cut it off. Hey ho.
So I'm feeling a bit crap really. The pain's starting to get me down, I might even have to contemplate going back on the bowel busting painkillers as they do recommend taking them in order to be able to do the necessary exercises. However, since a trio of clerks are visiting tonight and might bring alcohol I may sleep on this :o).

I've found this website showing photos of a young woman's bilateral mastectomy and eventual reconstruction. You can see it here. It's bloody amazing and gives me hope for my bionic boobs next year. God, this is going to be such a long process and I am so impatient.

I've had a spatchcock poussin for my tea. How posh is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment